Volunteers are important to the Children’s Advocacy Center. The Advocacy Center is always looking for those who have an interest in children and want to become involved. There are numerous ways to help. We have one-time opportunities and on-going weekly opportunities.
CACBG volunteers may:
- Greet family at the door, making them feel comfortable
- Help out with clerical or office work
- Role play during a Kids In Court session
- Assist with fundraising events by soliciting auction items
- Help by maintaining the Center grounds
For more information about specific volunteer opportunities, please call Raegan Gyroffy at (859) 225-5437.
The Children’s Advocacy Center accepts student interns for college practicum courses requiring fifteen or more hours per week. Student interns are supervised by a Masters level social worker. Anyone interested in an internship at the CAC may complete the online application and contact Raegan Gyroffy, Program Director, at (859) 225-5437 to request an interview. A copy of your ID is necessary to conduct the required background check before beginning any service at the CAC.